Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cover Letter and Resume writing

Cover Letter Writing
http://jobstar.org/tools/resume/cletters.php


      This first website covers the essentials in cover letter writing. The information on this website primarily focuses on the importance of tailoring your cover letter for your audience. Your cover letter is your introduction and is what will either get your resume read or tossed. So it is essential to write a strong cover letter in order to get your resume read. Jobstar.org provides  you with several outside links which can be beneficial when writing a strong cover letter.


Resume Writing 

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/681/01/
http://web.mit.edu/career/www/guide/resumes.html


For my research on resume writing I chose Purdue and M.I.T. as my preferred resources. I chose to go with these educational institutions because they tend to go into great detail on the subject matter. The Purdue website provides an exhausting amount of information on the subject of resume writing. M.I.T. only provides a summarized version of what Purdue elaborates on. The primary focus on both websites is to tailor your resume's focus to the position you are trying acquire. Every website that I visited during my research harped about the extensive research needed before applying for a position. These are just some of the many important factors in resume writing that I noticed across the board. For more in-depth information feel free to visit the web site and good luck creating those resumes.


No comments:

Post a Comment