Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Personality Assement





Personality type INTJ.

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

  • slightly expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed intuitive personality
  • slightly expressed thinking personality
  • moderately expressed judging personality

    The Myers Briggs assessment is shockingly in line with my perception of my self. The assessment shined a light on some of my weakness and some of my strength. Most of the career choices were fairly accurate, but could use some fine tuning.


    When I came into class and looked at the board and saw the words extrovert and introvert, I automatically new that I would fall under the introverted category. The one good thing that I got from the class and the assessment, is now knowing that being introverted is not necessarily a bad thing. When you watch TV, they only show the negatives that comes from being introverted, its usually portrayed by a nerd who has no girl friend and an obsession with some type of video game. I never seen or heard of an introvert being talked about in a positive light. So I never looked at the word introvert as being something positive or functional.


    The career assessment had some interesting choices for me, some that I agreed with, others that made me cringe at the sight of their names. Most of the careers chosen for me were in the science and computer science fields. When I saw this, I wasn't surprised because I always had an interest in these field but there are some aspects of these careers that I dislike. One of my biggest complaint is the tediousness of computer programing. I am more interested in the outcome of the program then the process in creating it. I feel that those kind of jobs require you to be completely isolated. The idea of that life styles fails to excite me. Another thing mathematics is something that is not a raw ability and I'm the kind of person who likes working with my strength and developing them, rather then strengthening weakness and being OK at them.

    http://keirsey.com/4temps/mastermind.asp
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator
    http://www.mtnmath.com/whatrh/node98.html
    http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes3.asp
    http://typelogic.com/intj.html

    2 comments:

    1. I like the closing sentence, where you say, "". Its funny because I strongly agree and disagree with that statement. It makes perfect sense to take your abilities to the next degree and excel in them. It's a very smart approach and the greatest people in history have done the same.

      But at the same time I believe it is best to have a mixture of both strength and weakness. If you reinforce your strong points and improve your weak ones then you will have a more firm foundation to build your career upon.

      Our imperfections also make who we are. :]

      ReplyDelete
    2. I agree with you completely, We have to be diverse in order to stand above the rest. I just feel that once you recognize your strength, one should use it as a foundation to develop from. An example is Shaquille O'neal, his strength as a basketball player comes from being a presence in the the low post. Although he has tried to improve his shooting and has failed miserably at it, he is still considered one of the most dominant center in NBA history, because he is great at his strength, the low post game.

      ReplyDelete